• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you help me?

Christianrn777

I'm new also, I can change certain things into vectors, but cannot for the life of me take a jpeg and turn it into something I can print and cut on my versacamm. I can't get anyone to help. I live in NJ and a church has asked me to do some shirts for their picnic. They want a pic of water and the beach. I found clipart for the job, but don't know how to have it print and cut. When I tried on Coreldraw it wants to put a cut line around every item in the pic. I hope you can help me. I just joined. Ginger

OldPaint

for the knowledge you seek.................WE CANT TYPE IT ALL HERE!!!!!
iam sorry iam not being a smart *** either but you need to learn a lot more about this stuff before you even consider doing, any jobs....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!
JPEGS ARE BITMAPS...........PLOTTERS ONLY SEE VECTOR.......you need to learn the differance and there is a way to change a bitmap to vector, but you need to learn this cause i cant type that much... READ SOME BOOKS OF COMPUTER FORMATS....

MtnView

Google is a great way to look up tutorials. People on the forums don't mind helping other members in a bind. It is just that from the sounds of your request you need a course on graphics along with software and not just a hand with a trick to Corel or Illustrator. How in the world did you decide to buy a versacamm without (what appears on the surface by your questions) any knowledge of image differences/limitations and graphics software usage? Along with Oldpaint I am not trying to be rude but it is a fairly basic powerclip function if you can create your shape for the cut.

Jackpine

Your profile show you have a Roland cutter and Versacam. Put a contour cut line around your bitmap and print and then cut the contour line.

"When I tried on Coreldraw it wants to put a cut line around every item in the pic." Use the Bezier tool to add the cut line. If you want some of the background out ....make the contour shape and powerclip it into the shape. Then you can do another contour line for a new cut line. Your printer will print the print then cut the contourcut line. For heat transfers use and type , for light color or dark color garments. I like Sihl's Universal Heat Transfer film. Advantage or Todd at All Square sells this product. Both good vendors.

Last edited:

2B

if you are determined to do the work yourself, youtube will be your best friend. There lots a videos on what you want to do.

otherwise outsource to a digitizer, ie vector doctor

TammieH

Can you hand trace at all? its really not that difficult to trace an outline around the jpeg clip art, especially a contour cut.
Do you have Corel's photo editing software?

Dooka

are you trying to print and then cut?

do you have Flexi for this? I can quickly explain how to print and then use register marks for the plotter to cut out the overall shape if you are able to use Flexi...respond here and let me know.