Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you increase the rasterlink job queue size?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Notarealsignguy, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    My terminology may be wrong, Im trying to increase the amount of space in the job queue. We do a lot of repeats but when it gets too many in there, it will ignore the hot folder. I hate re-setting up the same thing over and over

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Which Rasterlink version are you using? 5 was glitchy but 6 should be more stable.

3. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    RL6 5.16

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Interesting. I'm not sure whats going on but the hot folder has always caused me problems. I prefer to bypass it entirely. It seems like most people get trained to use the folder but they never get taught that you can just bring a job into Rasterlink and it will process exactley the same. Make your art, create the contour line, add crop marks, and then save the file. Now just open it in Rasterlink directly without using the hot folder.

5. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    For some reason I hate opening it through RL. I was just assuming there was a limit to the amount in queue which would cause it to ignore the hot folder. I just go delete a few things and it starts working again

6. nlnickolatos

nlnickolatos New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Make use of the Backup/Restore feature if you want to keep the exact settings of a job.

• Like Like x 1