• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you judge my testprint please?

JJ_Holland

Hello,

The last months we have had a lot of troubles with banding in black prints. I have tried to manually clean it by pressing a swap with cleaning liquid gently against it but that did not help a thing.

The testprint shows minor problems but I am starting to think that although all nozzles are firing that the printhead should be replaced. Before I replace it I would like to hear your opinions about the testprint. Any tips/ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
JJ

img009.jpg

JJ_Holland

Okay thank you for the quick replies guys. Seems like I can not show you the problem with this image, whats the best way to show the problem?
The banding I have is very small, I have tried feed adjustment, lower headspeeds, uni-directional printing and also tried Versaworks after having the problems in Onyx Postershop 7.1. I am using Avery MPI2000 (polymeric vinyl) for about 5 years now and never had this problem.

J Hill Designs

if the black you are printing is K only, those few deflected nozzles might come into play. if you use rich black (discussed many times on these forums) it should alleviate and banding due to nozzle deflection

JJ_Holland

In the print shows here I have set Postershop to print black only. I only have this problem with blacks, the rest prints perfect. I always add CMY to my blacks to get a rich black but I printed only black now to show the problem is some in the black.

sfr table hockey

if the black you are printing is K only, those few deflected nozzles might come into play. if you use rich black (discussed many times on these forums) it should alleviate and banding due to nozzle deflection

This hits it on the head...

Looks like your SC 545 test print and not a CJ 500 test print but using my CJ 500, I had similar issues where my black and cyan head have a couple deflecting nossles. On a solid fill test print the black shows slight banding but as jhill said, if you are not printing just 100% black, it is less noticable if not gone all together.

Make sure your feed calibration is done and accurate.

JJ_Holland

You are correct, this testprint was printed on the SC-545. I have tried to hide the banding a bit by mixing colours but the banding stays visible.

Bly

The test print looks alright.

Onyx 7 did produce slightly weak blacks where I had to go in and change to 100k 50, 50,50 if a large area. Never used k only.
Version 10 doesn't have this problem and blacks are generally dense.

Rafael_Tech

Calibration

Maybe the printhead needs bias/vertical calibration, horizontal and bi-directional too, not sure if K is the key printhead on your printer. Ive seen this on other Roland printers and with proper calibration they worked fine.