Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you make a HP Latex 310 print faster?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by TheSnowman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I've had this 310 for 4 years or so now I believe. It's basically been trouble free, and I haven't even had to replace the heads yet, and colors are still good. My only complaint I've had over all this time, is in Onyx before, I could I always go in (on my Mimaki) and make it 4 pass, 8 pass, 12 pass, whatever...and this one is set on 12 pass, and there's nothing that I've seen that I can do to change that.

I do 80% auction signage that is on short term vinyl, so I'm printing on Oracal 3621, and I'm using Oracal's profile, but just wondering if anyone's got any tips on how I can speed it up. Maybe it's not possible. I've been printing for 15 years now, and I have yet to fully understand all of the settings that go into making these things work. Seems like as soon as I learn it, it's time for an upgrade.

Tags:
  2. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    upload_2019-7-10_9-44-3.png

3. particleman

particleman Member

Feb 1, 2008
    IN
    You probably have a profile loaded that is only profiled in certain print modes. Generally to save time HP or whoever made the profile only makes the most common print modes since in reality the faster modes aren't usable in many cases. You'll need to find or create a profile that enables the faster print modes. As the post above shows in theory you can profile in any of the modes available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    PM me your email address I can send you one of our profiles.

5. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    4 years and no new print heads?

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 2