• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you make a HP Latex 310 print faster?

TheSnowman

I've had this 310 for 4 years or so now I believe. It's basically been trouble free, and I haven't even had to replace the heads yet, and colors are still good. My only complaint I've had over all this time, is in Onyx before, I could I always go in (on my Mimaki) and make it 4 pass, 8 pass, 12 pass, whatever...and this one is set on 12 pass, and there's nothing that I've seen that I can do to change that.

I do 80% auction signage that is on short term vinyl, so I'm printing on Oracal 3621, and I'm using Oracal's profile, but just wondering if anyone's got any tips on how I can speed it up. Maybe it's not possible. I've been printing for 15 years now, and I have yet to fully understand all of the settings that go into making these things work. Seems like as soon as I learn it, it's time for an upgrade.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
upload_2019-7-10_9-44-3.png

particleman

You probably have a profile loaded that is only profiled in certain print modes. Generally to save time HP or whoever made the profile only makes the most common print modes since in reality the faster modes aren't usable in many cases. You'll need to find or create a profile that enables the faster print modes. As the post above shows in theory you can profile in any of the modes available.

stxrmxn

I've had this 310 for 4 years or so now I believe. It's basically been trouble free, and I haven't even had to replace the heads yet, and colors are still good. My only complaint I've had over all this time, is in Onyx before, I could I always go in (on my Mimaki) and make it 4 pass, 8 pass, 12 pass, whatever...and this one is set on 12 pass, and there's nothing that I've seen that I can do to change that.

I do 80% auction signage that is on short term vinyl, so I'm printing on Oracal 3621, and I'm using Oracal's profile, but just wondering if anyone's got any tips on how I can speed it up. Maybe it's not possible. I've been printing for 15 years now, and I have yet to fully understand all of the settings that go into making these things work. Seems like as soon as I learn it, it's time for an upgrade.
4 years and no new print heads?

TheSnowman

4 years and no new print heads?
I think I had to put one (or two, I don't remember how it's setup) when I ran an ink cartridge dry the first couple months and burnt one out totally, but no, never had to do anything with them yet since I've kept my ink from running down below 10%. I'm sure my colors are off and have shifted, but 90% of what I do is temporary auction info that doesn't have any "have to hit" colors. It's been used hard, but hasn't ever given me a bit of trouble.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Wait are you still running onyx?

Can’t you just open the media manager, select the media, edit, then (I think) the third option is “add or edit print modes”. Then just add a lower pass mode?

Naturally there may be some screwing around but if you’re not bothered about colour consistency/too much banding you should be able to do it in two minutes. Can always adjust the media step etc when necessary anyway.

TheSnowman

I could always do it super easy when I had my Mimaki, but since I went latex 4 years ago, it's not that simple now.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
With our L260, many standard media (in Onyx) have fixed profiles with either only 10 or only 12 pass. Some media have many more, but several have only one option listed.
I found once I send a file to the RIP centre, and it has finished ripping, then I can right click it and edit printer settings, and change it to a different number of passes in the Rip centre.

FrankW

With the Latex 310, it is very easy to add new print modes with different numbers of passes to a media setting, just point on „library“, enter the media, and point on the „new print mode“-button, do the ink limit and linearization (color calibration is HP‘s name for that).

greysquirrel

clone a banner profile...name it oracle...tgis will give you the ability to run faster speeds with less ink obviously. You will need to adjust heater settings...and stand back when viewing :)