• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you print white?

toucan_graphics

Can anyone refer me to someone who can print white at a reasonable rate? (Wholesale)

I am working on some designs for vehicle graphics that require white printing. I'm thinking the best option would be to print the entire design on clear or translucent vinyl and finish with a gloss over-laminate.

A sample is shown below. Any suggestions?

James-Talon1.jpg

J

john1

Give Bill at Wyld GFI a call. He can print white. 908-587-2995 Tell him John from Maryland sent you.

woolly

Where do you think it will be cut on the wings. It could spoil the whole effect. I print white and think you will struggle against the black background.
Normally expect that type of design to be part of a wrap. If to be print and cut then needs hard colour edges then could be printed to white material.

4R Graphics

We don't print white.
I think the very light white effects may allow the vehicle color to bleed through and kill the design.

What woolly said may be a better route.

Good luck with it hope it works out for you.

Like John1 said try Wyld GFI there a merchant member here and print white.

toucan_graphics

Where do you think it will be cut on the wings. It could spoil the whole effect. I print white and think you will struggle against the black background.
Normally expect that type of design to be part of a wrap. If to be print and cut then needs hard colour edges then could be printed to white material.

You bring up a good point Woolly, and I have given it some thought and had even considered not printing on white, but perhaps Avery chrome to add some depth. This is a new direction for me and do not have any experience with printing white ink, let alone printing white as part of a partial wrap. Thank you for your expertise - it give me other options to consider as I move forward with this project.

The ultimate goal here is to provide a design style that most people in my market don't see often while still being able to provide it at an affordable price. I'm very thankful for this forum which allows us to collaborate and contribute to the end result!

Also - I talked to WyldGFI and looking into options. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

woolly

Wrapping a whole panel like the door would be easy. When you want to finish in mid panel has to be designed in.
Printing on to white and cut to a printed edge will often leave a white edge if viewed at a angle. Try ing to print the paint colour is harder than you think. To fade the design in to at the edges.
If printing to clear then all colours require a white undercoat so really needs to be all vector so white can be easily assigned for the rip to pick up.
Some rips may not need that.
You are now starting to see why you don't see this type of design unless part of a wrap.
Poorly executed will look so bad closer up

J

john1

Yeah give Bill a call and see what he can do for you.

He prints my back lit vinyl and i would think you would print white first of the entire design, Then print the colors over that and what is white would stay white. That way you can apply it to a black vehicle, red vehicle or whatever color.

A lot of the vehicle graphic packages i buy from Sharpline for example (funny looking splashes and graphics a lot of pick ups and vehicles have on them) are printed on calendered 3651 non-air release vinyl i have found out.

toucan_graphics

so here is the design with a white trap. Could this be done on clear with a double bump? (Print the white then double bump the white image with the full color image?)

The way I've done the white trap allows a generous cushion for registration inconsistencies up up to a quarter inch without affecting the final image.

white trap solution.png

I really wish I had my own printer that can print white so I can play with my ideas and experiment a bit.

J

john1

Give Bill a call and see what he says, I can't answer for him on the specifics but i know he can print white.