Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you put decals overtop of decals?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by VicoDrive, May 30, 2013.

1. VicoDrive

VicoDrive Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Richmond
    Im putting something together now and pretty sure I have seen it done before, just wanted to be sure. I need to put a big graphic on the side door then some text that would run over top of it. With the size and shape of everything, I think it would be much easier to do this as two separate pieces instead of one huge piece. This shouldnt be a problem should it?

Tags:
  2. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    no problem, proceed

3. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

Just make sure you only use calendered over calendered or cast over cast, but not one over the other or vice versa.

4. VicoDrive

VicoDrive Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Richmond
    Well they are printed on Avery vinyl wrap with auto lamination, so laminated vinyl over laminated vinyl

5. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Don't see no reason why that shouldn't work! :thumb:

6. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Sure no problem.

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    vinyl atop vinyl? I do it all the time. best surface, besides glass, for adhesion... unless, of course, you're using some sort of anti-grafitti overlam (then I wouldn't have a clue, cause I haven't tried)