• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

canceling cell phone

J Hill Designs

with att if you had signed up after a certain time (last july it might have been) then the ETF is prorated...if you signed up before that, it's not

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Get on their site, start looking up coverage areas. Pick a city far outside their coverage area. Call and tell them you are moving there, and ask if their service works there. They will say no, because all the CSR's do is the zipcode lookup like you just did.

Then tell them you'd like to cancel with no fees or penalties based on their admission that they cannot provide you with the contractually obligated services. Worked like a charm for me!
They will require a utility bill in your name for the new location to honor voiding the cancelation fee. (Proof of residence)

steve b

Try changing the service to the lowest amount of minutes and the cheapest plan without extending the contract. You mentioned two lines, try and cancel one without incurring any further charges.

steveb

TheSnowman

Yea, I'd try to cancel the extra line assuming that it's just an added line to your original plan for now. They will require a utility bill...they aren't idiots.

We're going to dump our Sprint, and they decrease their early termination fees every month that you have the contract, so when it gets within reason (I think the last 6 mos it's only $50) they are gonna be gone. You might look into prepaid or something w/o a contract if you do get into something else if you manage to get out of this.

If you call them and just talk to them about your situation, they will normally try to work with you somehow. If it's not about service, and it's just about price...they can find a promotion or something to help you out.

binki

Hmm,

I got out of mine with Verizon by filing a complaint with the CPUC and FCC. My problem was escalated to the 'office of the executive', a fancy title for lawyers, and after a month of yammering with them they paid my last bill and cancelled my contract without penalty.

They don't like formal complaints.