• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cancelling

Mac34

Hi. I sent a job that I intended on printing, but unfortunately I had issues with the print due to the machine needing a cleaning. I held down the pause key to cancel it, and the machine said "Cancelling" like always. The problem is it was still trying to cancel... trying... trying... trying. Almost like it couldn't find the end of the file to cancel or whatever? I've had the SP300 forever, and unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with the best way to do things. After frustration, I just shut the thing off. I've cleared my rip log, unplugged the usb cable from the printer, just about everything imaginable? I put vinyl back in the machine, and sure enough it goes right back to heating up and wanting to print the job again! How do I get rid of this job? I apologize for not knowing... just this is driving me nut! Thanks :)

401Graphics

is the button stuck? Had that happen on a xc540 once. Tech came in. couldnt figure out what was wrong. $200 later it was just a stuck button. maybe the data is still being sent from the computer?

FrankW

Look at the Windows-Printers: there should be a Printer installed named "Printer for USBxxx" or similar. I'm Suhrer you will find a Print Job in that Queue.

dolce05

shut it off wait 15 seconds and turn the printer back on.....your printer was stuck on stupid, it just needs to refresh

34Ford

Mine did this yesterday too.

I sent a file to my sp540i with versaworks and the printer just sit there.
So I pressed cancel.
It locked up.
Had to do a shut down and turned it back on, sent the file again and it worked.

Must ah had a f**t hung sideways.

CS-SignSupply

Usually better to cancel the job from the software, let the printer finish printing the inch or so left in the buffer and proceed with your work.

If done this way, you will not have to restart the printer or setup the material again.