Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancelling

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Mac34, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Mac34

Mac34 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Hi. I sent a job that I intended on printing, but unfortunately I had issues with the print due to the machine needing a cleaning. I held down the pause key to cancel it, and the machine said "Cancelling" like always. The problem is it was still trying to cancel... trying... trying... trying. Almost like it couldn't find the end of the file to cancel or whatever? I've had the SP300 forever, and unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with the best way to do things. After frustration, I just shut the thing off. I've cleared my rip log, unplugged the usb cable from the printer, just about everything imaginable? I put vinyl back in the machine, and sure enough it goes right back to heating up and wanting to print the job again! How do I get rid of this job? I apologize for not knowing... just this is driving me nut! Thanks :)

Tags:
  2. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    It doesn't have a clear data button?

3. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

is the button stuck? Had that happen on a xc540 once. Tech came in. couldnt figure out what was wrong. $200 later it was just a stuck button. maybe the data is still being sent from the computer?

4. FrankW

FrankW Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Switzerland
    Look at the Windows-Printers: there should be a Printer installed named "Printer for USBxxx" or similar. I'm Suhrer you will find a Print Job in that Queue.

5. dolce05

dolce05 Member

Jan 18, 2008
    shut it off wait 15 seconds and turn the printer back on.....your printer was stuck on stupid, it just needs to refresh

6. Wiggum PI

Wiggum PI Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Melbourne Australia
    :roflmao:

7. guato

guato Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Slovenia Europe
    When you cancel a print, try to cancel a print spool on pc, it takes 20 sec!

8. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Mine did this yesterday too.

I sent a file to my sp540i with versaworks and the printer just sit there.
    So I pressed cancel.
    It locked up.
    Had to do a shut down and turned it back on, sent the file again and it worked.

Must ah had a f**t hung sideways.

9. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Usually better to cancel the job from the software, let the printer finish printing the inch or so left in the buffer and proceed with your work.

If done this way, you will not have to restart the printer or setup the material again.