• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot connect Roland SP540 V to computer

Daud

just changed my Print heads. Did it all myself(pat myself on the back)
biggrin.gif
. Good test print.

Never used this printer. I am trying to connect to my computer.
I have a old dell running widows XP.

I have Versaworks & Flexi Sign pro.
It was used by the previous owner. He said it worked fine for him.

I cannot find the IP on the printer. And its not connecting automatically. I played with the submask etc. But I am very confused because I am a Mac user. PC is so foreign.

Can anyone give me some advice. All this work to not being able to connect to the computer is a bummer.

I need help.

Aaronlh

I would suggest going onto the Roland Website and downloading the owners manual for the printer. It will explain how to get to the settings on the printer.

As for windows, depending on the version you are using, you can right click on the internet icon on the bottom right of the screen and open the network settings that way. You want to find the adapter options in those settings, find the correct adapter its connected to, and change the IPV4 settings for that adapter. I forget the exact way to do it on windows xp though. A quick google of it should bring up the exact way to get to it.

On our printer, after you change the network settings, you have to leave the menu before the settings take effect. Also make sure the printer and computer are on the same subnet and on similar, but different ip addresses. (For example, 192.168.0.20 (ip) and 255.255.255.0 (subnet) for the computer and 192.168.0.21 (ip) and 255.255.255.0 (subnet) for the printer. You dont want to have one on a different subnet but you do want them on different ip addresses. Only have the last numbers of the ip different, or they wont be able to find each other.)

Ill attach the screenshots of our printer and computer settings. We have a separate network for each printer, so your ip's will probably be more normal and not the same as ours.

Network Settings.png Owners Manual.png Printer Network Settings.png

FrankW

The IP-Adress of a SP540V isn´t accessable through the printers menu. You need a software to configure the printer. If you don´t have the original CD what is coming with the printer, you can download the Intercon-Nettool from this adress:

https://www.seh-technology.com/de/service/downloads/download-printserver-extern/

It will show up the printer even if it is not in the same subnet than your other devices. Assign a valid IP-Adress with the Intercon-Nettool (first three number groups the same as your other devices, the last group different), set the IP-Adress of your printer in VersaWorks or Flexi, and print.

Daud

I have the manual but nowhere does it have instructions for Network setting. Been through every thing on my printer there is no system info there.

I have a SP 540 V.

Daud

The IP-Adress of a SP540V isn´t accessable through the printers menu. You need a software to configure the printer. If you don´t have the original CD what is coming with the printer, you can download the Intercon-Nettool from this adress:

https://www.seh-technology.com/de/service/downloads/download-printserver-extern/

It will show up the printer even if it is not in the same subnet than your other devices. Assign a valid IP-Adress with the Intercon-Nettool (first three number groups the same as your other devices, the last group different), set the IP-Adress of your printer in VersaWorks or Flexi, and print.
Its not in english. I come this far to be pushed back LOL

Daud

On the SP version you have to use Roland-Print server, NetTool.
I have it on my computer, But I am still having problems