• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot find a tech to work on my HPL26500--PLEASE HELP!

ultra-print

I recently purchased a used HPL26500 printer, it's in good condition, about 2-3 years old; it was being used for production up until I bought it when they had to pack and ship to me. Putting the Printer together was pretty simple--all the way to the point of getting a test print. however I am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to get a qualified technician to come set up the printer with my software (I have both flexi and onyx, all latest versions). First I called HP who said they only do initial install (no maintenance? which made so sense, but i digress), and directed me to the likes to GSG, Grimco, advanced, lexjet, etc. I have spent hours on the phone will all of the above and more, and no one seemed to have anyone qualified to work on HP latex printers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for who to call for a service tech to come help me make sure the machine doesn't have any fatal flaws and give me the basic run down of how to use my printer? We've called several different companies, as well as independent contracting technicians but no one seems to know enough about the HPL26500 to want to come work on it. We are located in New Orleans, Louisiana, can anyone point me in the right direction as to who to call just to help me get my machine up and running, and make sure it doesn't have any serious issues? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I have spent the entire last week (after setting up my printer) on the phone trying to get someone out here just to come look at my printer?

PS We also have a mimaki wide format printer, plotter, as well as a KonoicaMinolta 650 digital press, both of which were very easy to find techs for.

I am just a bit confused by your post. You state that you were able to assemble the machine without a problem, but have you powered up the unit to install the consumables, such as printheads, ink cartridges, and waste ink tank?

If you are looking for someone to do these activities for you, then I would agree that a dealer would be a likely point of contact for this. I would expect the setup and training to be billable on an hourly rate in this case.

If you have fired up the printer, installed the consumables, and cannot get the machine to produce satisfactory output, then your point of contact would he HP directly, for a time and materials field service call.

CES020

Just start posting here. Tell us where you are in the process and let's get you up and running. It'll happen faster and you'll learn a lot about it in the process!

To recap, you have power on it, you've run the self tests? Are Onyx and Flexi installed? Which versions of those? Onyx Postershop? Production House? Thrive?

We picked our machine up, knew nothing about it, brought it back, and got it running, so it's not that difficult. I know you want a tech, but I do think we, collectively can get you going rather quickly.

Just take some photos and post them, or start asking questions and we'll get started.

Did you have the manuals for it?

Snydo

So when you run the test print nothing happens?

If your just trying to get flexi set-up just go into Production Manager and 'add setup', select the L26500 from HPs list, then go grab some profiles from any number of sites - Oracal, Avery, Scanvec and HP to name a few. Load the profiles that should work with your media and start testing away until you dial it in then start making money with that beast. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Dennis422

Contact these guys. I think they have a network of techs.
Also, I do not understand why HP told you they do only initial installs? There are no independent techs for HP machines, they all have to be HP certified and it is all billed through HP or an HP certified vendor. (At least I was told that)
http://www.partsnow.com/index.jsp