• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot open newer version file

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm a new Corel user and I have Corel 2018. I just received a file and tried opening it with this error:

This file version is 21.0.
To open the file, you must upgrade your version of the program.

Then I click OK and it says Cannot open an empty document.

The designer said she doesn't have the program on her computer anymore so I'm stuck. With the exception of upgrading, any options? It won't open in LXI or Illustrator.

Thanks!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The only alternative to upgrading is getting someone who has a copy of CorelDRAW 2019 to open the file and save it down to an earlier version.

Other programs that have CorelDRAW .CDR import capability typically lag behind at least a couple or more versions (if not several).

Stacey K

I like making signs
So she designed it but doesn't have the design program any longer? Sounds fishy...
I forgot the frustrations of saving x5 versions as compatible for x3 corel when I was running off a POS laptop and my old man had the shiny version that wouldn't run for me. Whenever I receive and install my physical copy I'd be happy to help, god only knows when that will be though.
Yes I agree. I'm betting she did this in a trial version? IDK.

If anyone has the upgraded version and would be willing to convert for me, I would be very thankful!