• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cannot open port - communication issue

I just bought the bullet and upgrade to a new design PC. Now hooking up my Value Jet I'm having a communication issue between the pc and printer. The error I get through Production manager is "cannot open port". Can someone refresh my memory to how the port settings should be. It has been about 7 years since I had to hook up my old PC and I can figure out what I have incorrect.

My Mutoh printer is hooked up TCP/IP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are hooked directly from the computer to the printer:

The first 3 sets of numbers in the IP address for the computer and the printer should be the same and the last number should be different. For example:

Computer: 192.168.1.20
Printer: 192.168.1.21

Port Number 9100 is the default port for these printers and doesn't need to be changed.

If you are hooked up through a router or switch, you set it up exactly the same except you would want to go into the router settings and reserve the computer and printer IP address so that it doesn't give it out automatically to your phone or lap top if they ever connect to the router.