• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot open port error MUTOH VJ

When sending print jobs I am receiving an error "cannot open port"

I checked signwarehouse tech support and the are directing me to device manager and from there selecting ports, however I have no selection for ports, almost as if there are no ports present.

Any suggestions on how to get my machine and computer communicating together again..

Are the ports that I may have to reload?

Stealth Ryder

It is a commuication issue, meaning your computer and/or printer are not configured properly or a firewall/antivirus program is blocking the port...

Thanks guys and also thanks to Ron from Signwarehouse and ballgame . My problem has been solved. I made the mistake in matching the computers IP adress with the PM and VJ IP.. Possibly the installation of my new Antivirus caused this..

Thanks again everyone

FINBAR

Re "cannot open port".
I have this message on occasions with my Flexi and Mutoh setup. I simply disconnect the power supply that feeds the small server that is on the Mutoh comms socket and the machines talk again.
Barry

tgrinds

Finbar, set your Flexi computer to a static IP address. Sounds like it's set to dhcp. Hopefully that will stop you from having to restart your server.