• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

canon colorado 1650 ink consumption

waterloo2008

hi

Can you do me a favour for a canon colorado 1650 user?

Please, check how much ink would be used and time to print the attached file , it is 100% size around 65x160cm ,

it is wallpaper , 4pass would be enough. production mode

we was informed it form dealer , it is around 14ml and 3.5mins

just want to cross check

we are thining of purchasing .

thanks

Attachments

• wallpaper sample2.jpg
    wallpaper sample2.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

Shred_signs

Lost Member
I thought that was your task being the operator of said machine.

If you are trying to optimize your inks to make sure you have enough in your bottles, buy another bottle.

White Haus

Not a Newbie

If you are trying to optimize your inks to make sure you have enough in your bottles, buy another bottle.

Gee, that's helpful. Maybe they're trying to see how their ink consumption compares to other users?

ikarasu

I mean, he said he's "thinking of purchasing", so My guess is he wants to compare ink consumption of a 1650 VS what hes paying for his current machine....

I wouldnt trust a random colorado rep to tell me accurate pricing either :roflmao:

Shred_signs

Lost Member

You're right. I am sorry. I didn't read the whole message.

Gee, that's helpful. Maybe they're trying to see how their ink consumption compares to other users?
If you're that serious about purchasing, I think the brochure is a good place to start.

There is no size reference in the image either, not going to actually be able to answer the question with the information provided.
I don't get what we be gleaned from this thread. Seems like someone is trying to buy a machine who shouldn't be buying a machine, to me. I fail to see how the answer would actually be helpful.

WYSISYG

Christian @ 2CT Media

hi

Can you do me a favour for a canon colorado 1650 user?

Please, check how much ink would be used and time to print the attached file.

it is wallpaper , 4pass would be enough. production mode

we are thining of purchasing .

thanks
This is going to be a very tough thing to do for you to gauge. It's all based on profiling and output intent. Also without actually printing it you can't measure the ink usage. What size would this be for your test?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Haha a lot of users here trying to answer a question there not equipped to answer. Ill get you ink usage tomorrow, When I'm at my warehouse.
Onyx gives you a great ink estimate for all jobs & most profiles are very similar in ink usage if you run them in the same mode. Colorado are one of the lowest cost machines for ink usage, they are great for wallpaper. I would recommend getting some samples & make sure its the right fit for your needs. Wallpapers we can run in production mode, High Detail prints & posters we run in the highest print mode. From each mode you can see the ink getting more dense & for our detail prints we find specialty modes works best for vibrant colors, ink usage in specialty mode is still low compared to our other printers.
Gloss & Matte Mode is another feature we didn't think we would use much but its awesome to be able to offer. 90% of our jobs are printed using matte mode & the rigidity of the ink is amazing.
There are several users on here with Colorado's & most of them are extremely happy, Only seen one user that was not happy with there purchase.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
My profiles and someone else's profiles will produce different results.

There's no problem from the dealers numbers if their printed on their printer and the numbers are from their printer as their profiles are all from canon.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Ink Usage for 2 different wallpaper materials
These are Profiles direct from canon or the manufacturer with very little adjustments on our end.
Proto Wall Covering - didn’t have a production mode for this profile.
High quality - 15.15 ml
Superior- 16 ml (highest setting)
Matte Mode (Specialty ) 14 ml

Retac - Matte Removable
Production 12ml
Matte Mode (specialty) 19.7 ml

I agree with Mark and Victor on $.08 per sq ft
We purchased our printer from Mark’s Company and the low ink usage and high quality was a huge selling point. They have a Colorado demo unit in their office made the decision easy.