• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Imagerunner 3100/3170 scan to email

Typestries

Anyone here have a canon imagerunner 3100 series.....and actually get the scan to email function to work properly? Tech says you need to run your own in house server, which, if the machine has SMTP capability, does not make sense at all.

Oddly enough the machine actually receives email properly from a remote mail server, but wont connect to it to send. It's not a permissions error, it just wont connect, and, even worse, it will successfully ping said mail server. Strange, wondering if I'm just up against a limitation.

BTW, canon tech suggestion was to set up a PC with a proxy server on it, that would pass the mail on, but that seems nuts to have to do that.

Thanks Folks!
-Rick

cptcorn

adad
That's wrong...

I'm not sure what to advise you to do without sitting at the machine. The ImageRunner I used to be familiar with, was an older model, and had a built in mail server.