• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon iPF5100 used by anyone?

CaliDude

Hey guys what's up. I was wondering if anybody is using a Canon ipf5100 currently to print on vinyl. If so, which brands or types of vinyl are you using to produce prints on? I'm looking for a small format inkjet printer to print vinyl labels and vinyl stickers and then contour cut on my cutter. I don't have the need for large format printers as of yet. I know epson has their 4900 model but I've read nothing but horrible user reviews, so I figured this is my next best bet. So if anyone is currently using this canon any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :peace!:

The Canon ipf machines are traditional water-based printers that are intended to print photographic images primarily onto paper and canvas. The inks are not intended for and will not bond with uncoated vinyl. Vinyl that is coated for these inks is very expensive compared to uncoated equivalent media products.