Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon iPF5100 used by anyone?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by CaliDude, Jan 8, 2014.

1. CaliDude

CaliDude New Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Central Coast, CA
    Hey guys what's up. I was wondering if anybody is using a Canon ipf5100 currently to print on vinyl. If so, which brands or types of vinyl are you using to produce prints on? I'm looking for a small format inkjet printer to print vinyl labels and vinyl stickers and then contour cut on my cutter. I don't have the need for large format printers as of yet. I know epson has their 4900 model but I've read nothing but horrible user reviews, so I figured this is my next best bet. So if anyone is currently using this canon any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :peace!:

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The Canon ipf machines are traditional water-based printers that are intended to print photographic images primarily onto paper and canvas. The inks are not intended for and will not bond with uncoated vinyl. Vinyl that is coated for these inks is very expensive compared to uncoated equivalent media products.