• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon IPF8000

RVR78

Hello I have a quick question for anyone who has a IPF8000 or is familiar with it. I have the chance to purchase one for $500 that prints fine according to the owner he said he just replaced the right printhead and that the left might need to be changed as well. ( he said its fine now but was told if you change one you should change the other one as well) My question is whats the difference between the IPF8000 and the IPF8000s and is there any known issues with the IPF8000 and is that price seem to good to not have something wrong with it? Thanks in advance

one last thing can you print stickers with the IPF8000?
Thanks

toomeycustoms

The ipf8000 is a 12 color setup and the 8000s is an 8 color setup and is meant for speed. I used to work with a 8000s and now have an 8300. As I recall the print heads are around $600 and you can change them yourself. We never changed both at once.

We picked up the 8300 for under $3000 after rebates a little less than a year ago. You will probably want to see how much ink is left in each of the cartridges as it gets expensive real quick if you need all 12 colors. You can print on adhesive vinyl, but I wouldn't use them outdoors. We mainly use ours for indoor posters and Giclee printing.