• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon IPF8100, for outdoor Apps?

Gfx Signs

Hello members, My first post here...
I'm new to the sign world but hope to enjoy the profitable industry. I have done small scale vinyl lettering and looking to get into large format printing.

I am considering purchasing a printer Canon ProGraph IPF8100 to do vehicle wraps and some other outdoor applications. Does anyone have experience with the Canon printers and the LUCIA ink as far as durability and preferred application and versatility.

It's half the price of a Mutoh Valuejet so I'm assuming there is a bit of a difference ! !

Thanks

wes70

The Canon uses aqueous pigment inks suited for indoor work, although can last outside when laminated. This printer is considered a photo, pop, etc. printer.

If looking to do wraps you have to go with a ecosolvent or solvent printer like the Mutoh you mentioned.

Now...with that being said. There is a cast coated vinyl, available for wraps, that's made for aqueous printers.

www.mediaone.com

If you buy this printer, you will spend more than the other half of what the mutoh costs, to resolve issues you will have with vehicle wraps with customers colors fading. Invest in a wideformat printer that is for eco-solvent or solvent ink, and you WILL enjoy the profits of the Sign World :) Just my 2Cents

Gfx Signs

Thanks for the input... Kind of what I figured..
Does anyone have recommendations for an eco-solvent printer and supplier?