Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon ipf8100

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by keeperofthecode, Sep 12, 2012.

1. keeperofthecode

keeperofthecode New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    A friend of mine offered me a Canon ipf8100 for $500 bucks. It's like brand new, he bought it a couple years ago new for his machine shop thinking it would be great asset and they never use it. What all could a printer like this be used for? I don't usually offer printing services but it seems too cheap to pass up to offer more services to my customers. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. toomeycustoms

toomeycustoms Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Hopefully it is full of ink, otherwise it is going to cost $2000+ for ink. I know you can pickup a brand new ipf 8300 for around $2300(after rebate) with a full set of inks and a year warranty. It is an aqueous based printer good for printing posters, fine art printing, canvas, etc. Not ideal for prints going outdoors.

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    What would you want the printer to do for YOUR business?