• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canopy awning stapler

juan45215

We are replacing a face in canopy sign. What type of stapler do we need to attach the fabric to the aluminum frame.

G-Artist

We are replacing a face in canopy sign. What type of stapler do we need to attach the fabric to the aluminum frame.

Is the current fabric stapled?

I replaced my shop awning a while back and I just reused the self-tapping SCREWS that were there.

njsigns

If the awning looks like this - it might be a Milliken or at least the same size extrusion:

2002-06-27-staplesystem.jpg

I had a hard time finding a staple gun that worked, and this is why:

http://www.millikendistribution.com/ae_awning_extrusion_tools.php

"STAPLE GUN #MI11A
The staple gun was designed especially for Milliken Wholesale Distribution. Lightweight, powerful, pneumatic staple guns make the staple pierce the aluminum and the fabric cleanly and easily to hold The fabric securely in place."

I ended up modifying the tip of a Bostitch pneumatic crown stapler very similar to this one:

Bostitch Stapler

(I had purchased it at Lowes as part of a "kit", I believe the stapler is now discontinued) - I removed the safety on it, and ground down the tip to make it to fit inside the channel.

I ended up using fas'ners unlimited 18g 12mm x 6mm staples that were made for another stapler, but they worked out fine.

I had also purchased a Craftman which I couldn't get to work.

Beware of your pressure, I had a few staples go right through the fabric. Good luck with it!

Gene

milliken12

Staple gun

We do have the staple guns in stock. If you would like a price on one please email Dave Roth at droth@millikendistribution.com. He will be happy to help you with this.
Thank you and sorry for the slow response. I have not been on in a while.
Bill Lewis
Milliken Distribution.