• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant figure this one out???

decaljunkie

I have a mutoh falcon outdoor ll printer, and the yellow misses a bunch of nozzles when doing a print test. but sometimes it dosent miss any. it weird.don't really want to purchase a new head if the yellow head is not bad.so what i did was swapped the red print head with the yellow print head to see if a different head will make the yellow work. now the yellow works fine with no nozzles missing and the red wont fire now.then the weird thing is i tried to print a picture with red text that i created, and the text printed yellow instead of read. now i am confused!!! it should have not printed any color were the red was . all the cables are connected the same all i did was swap the heads. what could be causing the everything that is red in the image to be printing yellow??

cycodesigns

Did you switch them back? If so what happened. It sounds like you may have a capping station issue where the head is not being primed by the pumps.

henryp

Not sure if I got this right but red is composed of magenta and yellow. Since your magenta head is not printing, your red will only print as yellow.

decaljunkie

Did you switch them back? If so what happened. It sounds like you may have a capping station issue where the head is not being primed by the pumps.
i dident switch them back yet because i messed up one of the head cables that connect to the yellow. i bent the metal on the bottom of the cable strip now it wont sit in the head right. i need to order a new head cable.

decaljunkie

Not sure if I got this right but red is composed of magenta and yellow. Since your magenta head is not printing, your red will only print as yellow.

i switched the red head to were the yellow head was and put the yellow head were the red head was. but i did not switch the head cables just the heads. now the yellow prints good. but when trying to print red, what is suppose to be red on the image comes out yellow also. a tech from mutoh told to keep trying to run the red print over a few times and the red might start to come through. he said it might still have some yellow in the head from when i swapped it. does that sound right?