• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant find large metal

ucmj22

Got a request for an estimate on a sign the some of you might have seen. It's one of those highway type signs " Project Funded By The American Recovery And Reinvestment Act." The client wants a quote on 2 possible sizes 84X60 and 120X84. I can't find a piece of metal big enough to do the larger in one piece. any idea where this stuff is usually found.

cartar929

if you can find the 86 x 60 sheet, ask the person that supplies that. 84 x 120 seems like a challenging size of material to be shipped in one piece. i would assume more than likely it would be much more cost efficient to panel it?

little pushy with the free help your posts are 12 minutes apart

Mosh

They are build in panels. The ones the state does are extrudted amulinum panels that
slide together. In your chase the 86x60 (you can get 60x120 sheets) should not be a problem, the other one I would do in 3 40"x84" panels.

ucmj22

I found a place I can get Galv. steel 120X84, but the piece itself will be $1200. I'm a little afraid to piece together a sign this big with no real face to apply it too. I don't want to have too many bolts showing through on the sign face from all of the bracing that would have to be done.