Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find my Pantone chart in Flexi!

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Flame, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Okay, so I was talking to tech support a couple days ago and they had me bring up a sample of the entire Pantone (I believe) chart in Flexi so that I could print it out and see what each color looked like on my media. I really need to do this again but I can't remember the steps required to do it!!!

If ANYONE could lend me a hand, it'd be appreciated. We're spending this morning re-calibrating some colors and no one knows how to get this chart again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Go to view> color> open table> go into the swatch library and select the one you want.
    Then go to view > create swatch.

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: I got it now. Thanks a lot Mike!

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    In flexi...

View->Colors->Open Table

Specify C:\Program Files\FlexiSIGN-PRO 7.6v2\Swatch\Table\cmyk.swt <<you may have to adjust the path for your setup>>

There's two blacks in this table, get rid of one and change the other to CMY=0, K=100.

You might want to save it under a new name.

Now that you have it loaded...

in Flexi View->Create Swatch->Current Palette

In Design Central select the cmyk pallete form the drop-down and set the parameters to give you the size and arrangment of rectangles that suits your fancy. I set them to .6 for size, 1.0 for vertical spacing and .8 for horizontal spacing. Select Advanced->Label and set the font to, say, Ariel Narrow amy .15 high.

Select the Check on Design Central

Ungroup everything

D->Text

Group <<al the text>>

move the entire block of text such that each label aligns on top of and left justified on its respective color rectangle.

Edit the text via Text->Edit->Replace <<replace all of the boilerplate with a single space.

Now you should have the pantone number above its corresponding color rectangle. There's a few wild cards, the cool and warm grays, the hexachrome stuff but you can deal with it.

Now you have a printable labeled pantone color chart.