Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Can't find software for Roland SP-540v

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by ZissouNW, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Hi All,

I've been appreciatively trolling here for a while and have been grateful for all the discussions.

I'm an artist and have been printing for myself and others for years and use Epson 98/7800 printers since they're workhorse printers I can self-service.. Anyway, I'd been wanting to get an eco solvent printer for a few years now and I finally got a Roland SP-540v which is the best I could do on my feeble budget:) I just picked it up and even though the seller demo-ed it for me he didn't have the versaworks cd. He suggested I put my serial # in the Roland site and I did but it told me my printer is out of warranty and they couldn't give me software. I've been looking and can't find anywhere to download it and I'm starting to get a little nervous!

Can anyone point me to a solution? Please?!

Thanks!
    Justin

2. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Do you need VW software, Justin?

3. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    I do! How can I get it for an older machine?

4. peerlessdani

peerlessdani Member

Jun 4, 2020
    missouri
    Did you try to call Roland? Maybe a live person can help you better than just online.

5. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
  6. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    That won't work for an SP-540v. He'll need to find the original Versaworks disk. VW 6 only works with:
    Eco-Solvent Printers and Printer/Cutters

• BN-20
    • EJ-640
    • RF-640
    • SG-540/300
    • SP-540i/300i
    • VG-640/540
    • VS-640i/540i/300i
    • XR-640
    UV Printers and Printer/Cutters

• LEC-540/330
    • LEF-12/12i
    • LEF-300/200/20
    • LEJ-640
    You can buy the Versaworks disk on the Roland store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/disk-cd-rsp-040-versaworks-win-ver-5-50

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks for the correction, appreciate it. I never want to point someone in the wrong direction!

8. jeffkics

jeffkics Sign Says

May 16, 2014
    Palmer PA
    I have my original disk. Can probably zip it and dropbox it to you.
    Just curious what did you pay for the SP I have the same one and may be selling it soon.
    You can dm me your email and will see what I can do tomorrow when I get in the office

9. strypguy

strypguy Active Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Carroll, Iowa
    You need to do updates until VW 5.5.1. That will work best for your SP540V. John

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    I did and they did provide a link to buy
    Thanks so much, Jeff. I started getting antsy and talked with Roland. They sold me a copy for $35, which seems very fair to me. Thanks for your willingness to help!
    I paid $5300 but I'm feeling a little queasy about it because I've done some cleaning cycles and so far my test print is looking pretty bad. I guess I'll try doing a head soak and see if that helps. I saw the machine print when buying it but had to take the ink carts out to transport home in the heat and it probably say without them for about an hour and a half. Not sure if that's the cause but I'm getting nervous I might need to buy heads.
    Thanks again,
    Justin

11. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for that advice. I think the version I'm getting from Roland is 5.5.

12. ZissouNW

ZissouNW New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Thanks, Joe. That's the version I just ordered.