• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't find what I'm looking for. Does this even exist????

Sticky Signs

Well I'm stumped. I've contacted several suppliers and so far no luck. So I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
First off, I know that I'm asking a lot but there has to be something out there that meets my criteria.
Here's what I'm looking for in this elusive product:
- Must have scratch resistance and durability of a typical floor graphic laminate.
- Must have a thick enough release liner that I can cut it with my plotter.
- Must be 3-5 mil thick.
- Wet or dry application
- Outdoor durability of 2 years or more. IE - good uv protection.
- Must be available at a decent price point.
- Must be 54" wide
- fairly clean removability would be a huge bonus.
- I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff, but it must have that too!!!

So, in a nutshell, this doesn't necessarily need to be a "floor graphic laminate", just something that meets the above criteria. Price point, outdoor durability, scratch resistance and cut-abilitty being high up on the list.

I'm open to any suggestions you have.
Cheers

Sticky Signs

Knowing the end use may lead to other, unique solutions.

I can't divulge to much information so lets just say that this is not being used for a typical signage application. It will be used outdoors on a painted vertical surface to protect it from scratching.

Sticky Signs

I think this would work based on your description:

http://www.drytac.ca/interlam-pro-emerytextm-125-5-0mil.html (available in 51" or 61"....I've found 51" is usually wide enough)

or this one

http://www.drytac.ca/protac-emerytextm-classic-125-4-9mil.html (available in 55" which works okay but you have to trim that extra inch as it feeds through laminator)

I'm not sure how thick of a liner you need for the plotter, but this liner is a little thin and flimsy. That being said if you dialed in your pressure just right I'm sure you could make it work.

Drytac used to sell this stuff in short rolls but have just stopped unfortunately. I've got some end rolls and chunks all over the place if you want to test some out, just let me know.

Thanks Pat. I totally forgot about drytac. I've contacted them for some samples.