• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant get pnc1000a to cut

whisperbreanna

hi everybody still trying to get this thing up and runnning in my spare time. im working with xp and using flexistarter8.1 nothing special with the softwear because im just trying to make simple baners ans signs.just got my cutter strip and blade replaced,did a sample word and pressed cut then got the prompt , cant find port . i checked the ports and cable from computer to cutter everything looked fine.anybody know whats wrong .

whisperbreanna

please help this is driving me crazy ive looked at other threads and tried all that seamed to apply but nothing helps im willing to pay someone who knows a lot about this cutter if you can walk me through it on the phone i can call you at your time and place you could email me at ejspears@aol.com to make shure im the only one to get your #need to get it running soon thanks for any help

Pat Whatley

It's been years since we ran a Roland but I do remember there being something weird about the port settings. I pretty sure we had to run it through a serial port and had to adjust the communication settings to get it to work.

Get in touch with Old Paint on this site. For all his delusions and lack of fashion sense the man does know just about everything there is to know about older Roland plotters.

http://signs101.com/forums/member.php?userid=668

Last edited:

Service Sign Co

Where in Mississippi are you? Old Paint can get you up and running,and he is usually kind enough to help out.But it sure is nice to have a serial port on your PC

whisperbreanna

hey old paint posted on your profile page would like to know what you think i have no manual on this thing now im banging my head on the wall. whish i had the $to have bought a new one . o ya va is a great hospital they have come a long waysince my dad went there.

whisperbreanna

hay day thanks that should help greatly,got some help earlyer i reset my port settings on the project manger .nolonger get the pop up telling me no port found but instead project manger tells me job is cutting but nothing is happning . anybody have any ideas ???? sorry to say your wisdom is still needed,my stupidy overwhelmes me ide bang my head on the wall some more but its too sore from me pulling all my hair out.