• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't get rid of HP-GL error 1, any tips?

Geminis076

*I HAVE POSTED AN UPDATE BELOW*

Hello, my Graphtec CE5000-60 is displaying the HP-GL error 1 message on the screen and as of this message I am having a tough time figuring out how to resolve it, I'm searching for info online but I'm not really sure what to look into and so far have not found help that worked.

It had been cutting fine, but I noticed that during cuts the machine would purposely add a small additional cut which would ruin my items. I still have no idea why it is doing that so the only thing I could figure to do was to reset the settings on the machine only. I powered off, held the up button and powered back on which took me through the reset process.

The HP-GL error 1 appeared after resetting the settings, I did not have this problem prior to resetting. I did try to reset again and that didn't help. I had previously reset the settings about a month ago and I didn't encounter this error.

HP-GL is selected under the Command section, and so are Roll2, Condition 2 and Tool 09U. I am using Cutting Master 2 and Corel Draw X3 (Windows XP).

I'm not sure what to check or look into, could something have been changed during reset?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Geminis076

UPDATE:

I think the issue has been resolved, it's in the middle of a cut which is progress as it wasn't cutting at all. I called Graphtec tech support, my machine had HP-GL selected and not GP-GL (I think that's what it's called). However changing it did not take at first, so then the tech suggested that I restart my computer as maybe the software was changed due to the reset. I restarted my computer and I did not get the HP-GL error 1 message and it did finally obey the cut command.

Waiting for it to finish as I type, if there's a problem I will re update.