• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't get yellow and black to print

Nutetun

I just spent over a week trying to fix my sj-645ex roland printer one of the sensors for the load lever went bad, so i replaced it, I did my initializations and finally got everything back up and running except for one little problem. When I do a test print only the magenta and cyan are printing. The yellow and black are not printing at all. I cleaned the head manually and did a few more tests, I know I have ink because before the sensor broke I replaced most of the cartridges yellow was one of them. Any idea on why two colors are printing and the other two are not?

Thanks!

feckmo

I just spent over a week trying to fix my sj-645ex roland printer one of the sensors for the load lever went bad, so i replaced it, I did my initializations and finally got everything back up and running except for one little problem. When I do a test print only the magenta and cyan are printing. The yellow and black are not printing at all. I cleaned the head manually and did a few more tests, I know I have ink because before the sensor broke I replaced most of the cartridges yellow was one of them. Any idea on why two colors are printing and the other two are not?

Thanks!

I don't know a thing about the SJ-645EX, but I've got an XC-540 and had a similar issue (Cyan and Magenta were out). Turned out it was a fuse on the head board. Now I've got to try to find one of these little buggers!!!

Hope this helps.

--Jim.

Nutetun

Well I got it to print the yellow and black but now I have a new problem. my test prints look out of register. I adjusted the heads which look like no one ever touched them before me. They are all aligned right now, thought that would fix the problem but I still get crappy prints. I have no idea how to fix it this has never happened before and I can not find anything about it in the manuals unless I keep over looking it.

Attachments

• Picture 225.jpg
    Picture 225.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 224.jpg
    Picture 224.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 128