Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant open com port 1?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by dhamlett15, Jun 2, 2007.

1. dhamlett15

dhamlett15 Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Tennessee
    Everything was working fine until today the power went out and my battery back up shut the computer down. Now after restarting I can cut with sign tools 3 in corel but flexi doesnt work and my ioline control center says can not open com port 1. All of the testing I can do so far it seams that sign tools has my com port stuck open or something.

Any Ideas?

Tags:
  2. mondo

mondo Active Member

Mar 21, 2007
    your trying to cut something? Is the cutter shared or plugged in a router or printserver? Try unpluging the parallel cable or printer cable and plug it again then try another port like com2. then add setup on the production manager using com2 or com3 or if not go back to com1. If this doesnt work add a printer on control panel and install the driver. then go back to production manager and add set up. Hope this help

3. dhamlett15

dhamlett15 Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Tennessee
    I do not have another com port to try it works fine with sign tools just not flexi and what makes me think sign tools has to port held open is that I can not access this port with my ioline control center and when I use my test module from ioline it will not find it on the port either. Also windows says that com port 1 is running ok with no issues

4. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    have u tried "lpt 1".. ive had the same problem many times, sometimes u just need to relax and step back for a few minutes then go back at it..