• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't open Corel

juan45215

When I try to open CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2018, I get a prompt asking if I want to allow this app to make changes to your system. Weather I answer yes or no I get the following error message.
Unable to load VGCore.dll error code : 1114

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Dump temp files and try again. If that doesn't do it...
Uninstall the program. Make sure you opt to delete user files too. Dump temp files again then reinstall.

WildWestDesigns

This has to do with X8, but I think it would be a place to start.

I find it ironic that it says to check and install Win updates if available right off the bat (typically when bad things happen around a time of a major update release, I tend to suggest removing updates), my history with those updates hasn't been one to suggest that, but whatever.

WildWestDesigns

Uninstall the program.

This is certainly an option (extreme that it is), keep in mind if "you" do that and your on a perpetual license schema, that will cost "you" one of your activations and there is a finite amount.

That may be what it comes down to, but just keep that in mind.

unclebun

Pressing F8 when starting Corel Draw resets it to defaults, which often fixes non-starting problems. That said, the Visual C+ stuff that is referenced with the specific error message might be necessary too.

Jburns

Dump temp files and try again. If that doesn't do it...
Uninstall the program. Make sure you opt to delete user files too. Dump temp files again then reinstall.

I agree. I was upgrading from 2017 to 2019-- and 2019 would not load for the upgrade. Corel said to delete temp files - restart and loaded just fine.
Hope that helps.

OPENSignsInc.

A lot of the newer softwares are also dependent on your computers hardware. They usually only go back a few generations on consumer products, so if youre computer is too old (even windows 10 is almost 4 years old which is 65 in technology years) they may not even support it.

WildWestDesigns

A lot of the newer softwares are also dependent on your computers hardware. They usually only go back a few generations on consumer products, so if youre computer is too old (even windows 10 is almost 4 years old which is 65 in technology years) they may not even support it.

This is actually more so now, especially with Win 10, then it ever has been. I would say that going "generations" back is more then likely at best a "generation" back.

The rolling release nature of Windows 10 (each major release of Win 10 is typically only viable for 18 months, so the version that ran in 2015 isn't the same that's running now in quite a few ways) and the new vogue of SaaS, the need to upgrade more often to take advantage of all the latest and greatest is going to be even more so.

This has already been seen with Adobe as not all of their latest versions run on some of the older OSs even though they are still supported by their vendors. Couple that with only being able to go x-1 on Adobe's software, the need to upgrade is on a heightened cadence as well.

decalman

When I try to open CorelDraw Graphics Suite 2018, I get a prompt asking if I want to allow this app to make changes to your system. Weather I answer yes or no I get the following error message.
Unable to load VGCore.dll error code : 1114
This is the reason why I stick with my Corel suite 5. I only paid $69, 5 years ago on ebay. Works flawlessly as long as you don't go online.

Jim Hill

How many of Corel users use two computers so that we do not have to use the computer with Corel to go online?

In my case my computer was six years old and even though I was running windows 10 every time I received a notice for a windows update I knew that it would start to download and then freeze at 30% for some reason. I even removed every thing they was connected into a USB port.

When the motherboard stopped working my computer buddy sold me an HP desktop and now every time there is an update for windows 10 it downloads 100% with no hang ups.

It could be your computer and the only way to find out is to load your version of Corel onto another computer to see if it will work.

Jim