• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't open port for HP 5500

kfinnn

We moved to a new building recently. We hooked up our HP 5500 UV to the same computer with Flexi 7.6v2 installed. We routinely ran print/cut jobs at the old location. The only thing that changed was the IP address. Now when I try to run a contour print job after ripping the file it says "Can't open port." The printer works fine from all other programs. We're only having a problem with Flexi. Jobs are building up so if anyone has any ideas we'd really appreciate it.

Kris

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yea check the IP in flexi. Lol just kidding but I know RIDigital and he is a great tech so he should be able to fix your problem.

kfinnn

Thanks for your help. Sent email to SA tech support. Their response was that there is an issue with Windows XP Pro SP2. They had us install a new TCP/IP port and set it to IP_255.255.255.25 instead of 9100. Now it works.