• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant print blue

agent_k

i had originaly posted this in flexi thinking that was the problem. i have a mutoh value jet ptinter and cant get it to print blue. it keeps printing purpel. i have printed blue before now i think it might be the printer. any help? there seems to be ink. :banghead:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
It could be the way you have your color management setup in your rip.
Is color correction checked? what are the settings under rendering intent?

also, what is the color makeup of your blue?

agent_k

i have it checked i dont think it is a setting the other colors work fine. the ink is just not getting through the mechine.

Compilla

i had originaly posted this in flexi thinking that was the problem. i have a mutoh value jet ptinter and cant get it to print blue. it keeps printing purpel. i have printed blue before now i think it might be the printer. any help? there seems to be ink. :banghead:

What printer you got ?

What does the nozzle check look like?

gabagoo

Do you perform daily maintenance to your machine? Solvent inks get gummy and can easily block a percentage of nozzles creating loss of ink flow

agent_k

the printer is a value jet 1604 i cleand the head, but now it wont pull no ink. the ink is stoped in the line.

randya

Is there air in the line?

BTW, there is no blue in the printer, only cyan, magenta, yellow and black.

but if you are printing purple it sounds as if you are printing cyan, probably some magenta and black.

Print a nozzle check and see if you have all 4 colors and all nozzles.

If not,
Take a flashlight under the hood and check your ink lines and perhaps your dampers.