• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't pull ink through Black ink line

What should I check if I cant pull ink through a line?

I started to experience issue with printing black, I replaced the black dampers and I cannot prime the dampers?

I did pull out a blue damper to see if my method was incorrect. But was able to properly syringe the blue thru.

Any suggestions what to check?

Last edited:

RG

Have you removed the cover and checked all of the black ink line for kinks? If the black ink line looks good, then maybe the needle that goes into the ink cartridge is stopped up. This is very rare, but I have heard of it happening. I think what you can do is to try to back-flush the black ink line. I'm not sure if you would need to pull the black ink cart or not. Hopefully, some one else here has done that before and will give some instructions.

Have you removed the cover and checked all of the black ink line for kinks? If the black ink line looks good, then maybe the needle that goes into the ink cartridge is stopped up. This is very rare, but I have heard of it happening. I think what you can do is to try to back-flush the black ink line. I'm not sure if you would need to pull the black ink cart or not. Hopefully, some one else here has done that before and will give some instructions.

You maybe correct. I have all the covers removed and there are no kinks in the line. I can clearly see the black ink line from the cartridge is empty.

How exactly do you backflush the line?

RG

If my 1204 ever has the same problem, I would remove both black dampers, plug-up one ink line that goes into one of the dampers, attach a syringe to the other black ink line and gently push. If nothing seems to move, I'd push harder. I'd probably remove the black ink cart first and put several paper towels in it's place to catch any ink that squirts out.

It seem I was able to get the black to free up and now I can pull ink thru the installed dampers. To be sure I was making the right steps I also decided to change the blue dampers as well. When I stopped last night I was still not getting proper output from the cyan and the black. However the dampers (I changed) aren't completely full.

By running ink can I fill the damper from this point?
Or am I priming the dampers incorrectly

I'm trying to run solid cyan right now and I'm getting a yellow output? The cyan line looks blue...
Also The black I run has a magenta output.

Attachments

• 20190604_072849.jpg
    20190604_072849.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 209

RG

Dampers are not suppose to be completely full. About half full is correct for dampers. Running a "Little Charge" should properly send ink all the way from ink carts to the print head. Sounds like you have some cross-contamination. Printing a large block of black and a large block of cyan should clear that up.

RG I sincerely appreciate you devotion to my issue. The little charge did the trick, I cannot thank you enough. The cross contamination is gone and my test prints look PERFECT again!