• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't see EDGE from Omega

styleyouneed

I just picked up a Gerber Edge and GS15 cutter it had Omega 1.5 and then an upgrade to 4.0. I installed the omega 4.0 software as per instructions. I selected the Edge printer and set that up. I was able to send test prints from the installed devices dialog box as well as see it was online etc. I can't see it when i go to print from omega?

I have googled and search on how to send a file to print in OMEGA but everything i find is them doing the job but never sending it to print. I would assume it should be file/print/select printer and print.

Do i need to install the old 1.5 first then 4.0? I thought it was a whole new version just at an upgrade price? Any help would be great.

If it's like Flexi, there are options to "hold in list" or "send now" when sending jobs. I have no idea if Omega has the same options, but that's normally the holdup when jobs aren't making it to the printer.

styleyouneed

no i do not see anything like that. I see output options but that then asks for a plotter to be installed, then the print option.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The most common way to print and/or cut a job is to first open it in Omega Composer. Once open, you can either Output All (Shift + F11) or Output Selected (Shift + F12). This will launch the separate program named GspPlot where you will find all the tools you need for sizing, repeats, etc. as well as buttons for printing to the Edge or cutting to any installed plotter. You can also open any saved job directly in GspPlot. Once the job is sent from GspPlot, it will appear in GQMgr, which is a print/cut spooler that automatically sends the data to the installed device.

Installing of devices is best done through the GSP Tray > Install Vinyl Printer or GSP Tray > Install Plotter / Router. The GSP Tray should be appearing in the group of icons that appear on the right side of your Windows Task Bar. Accessing its various menu choices is done by right clicking on the GSP Tray icon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GSP Tray.jpg
    GSP Tray.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 114

styleyouneed

I installed the printer via the gstray icon. I also tried to output selected and output all and it would not let me go further because i did not have a plotter installed. Same thing with GSPPLOT i tried opening it from the software group. It show up in the program list on start menu but nothing opened up. It almost seemed like it opened in the background but i could not see it anywhere.

Like i said i'm pretty sure the printer is installed right i ran three dif test prints from the GQMgr on both parallel connection and via usb to parallel.

styleyouneed

ok so i opened Omega on my home laptop to check the feature again. I hit send all and it popped up asking for install of a plotter. I installed one just to get to the next step. Then it asked for a printer. I skipped this and GspPlot opened up now! I guess i have to just install a temp plotter on the shop machine to get some test prints done.

I have to replace the drum on the plotter before using it. We just want to get the printing feature down pat in the mean time.

styleyouneed

got it printing. All i had to do was install a plotter so GspPlot would open and i was off to the races. Now if i could just figure out all the right settings for best results i would be golden. I will have to search the manuals.

thanks for the help and ideas.