• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't select an item in Flexi 8.5 for Mac

ICMan

I had selected a business name that was converted to paths and used in another job. I then pasted it into a new job. I can only select a portion of the name. Other parts of the name act like they are locked. They are not. To the best of my ability they do not seem to be masked. What's up? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Did you check to see if any parts of the logo happened to be on separate layers, that may be locked?

Edit, you could always try to import the same file rather than copy and paste.

ICMan

I copied what I needed from a different Illustrator file, and pasted it into the Flexi file. THAT one worked. Plus, after all that, I happened to click on the parts that were 'locked' - and they became selectable. I call those thing mysteries of the universe - LOL.
I had also seen in my internet search about layers. For the life of me I can't find layers within Flexi. Remember, I'm on an old Mac version of Flexi - 8.5. Maybe layers weren't available in that version ?!
Plus, I should go into the problem Illustrator document, and see if some of those vectorized letters might have been locked in THAT program,. Thanks for the reply.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Do you have a 'View' menu at the top? Is DesignEditor an option? That's where your layers and objects are.