• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Canva Files Won't Open In Corel

WildWestDesigns

With a paid, commercial application such as Illustrator or CorelDRAW the cost of the app works as a barrier to the rank amateurs who just don't even want to know the difference between pixels and vectors.
Ai and Draw are dirt cheap, even more so now, their cost is a very low barrier to entry even in the CS days for the Master Suite (but I also come from an industry that the full version of 1 program goes for $15k-$20k for the full version and to upgrade x-1 is about the cost of the Master Suite, so yea, Adobe is cheap). Of course, that isn't going into those that sail the seven seas for them as well.

The problem that one also has is with software abstraction so much away from the user is that younger "professionals" do not have the knowledge that was actually expected of users in previous generations (good or bad, that's another topic) and that is only getting worse. Adobe isn't doing themselves any favors with the "skip the photo shoot" ad campaign either.

Now, in the 90s (early-mid 90s is when I started) that may have been true. Not so much anymore.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Why can't you just send the canva pdf to print? Why use CorHell at all? I am taking Canva files straight into Onyx with no issues.
As a side note, if you take a vector file and open it up in AI6, not the cloud version and save it as a .svg file. It seems to up load back to canva and retain the vector attributes.
The majority of the Canva files I receive are not even the correct dimensions because they just open up any template they like and start designing thinking it will fit any shape they require, or they've added a cut line that the rip can't recognize, etc.