• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cap not sealing

Digiprint

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice here. I cannot get my Cap to seal with the printhead. I have a vj 1614, and recently installed a new maintenance station, first couple of weeks were fine, then I noticed dropout from the first bank of nozzles i.e half the black head wasn't firing (that's the bit near the edge of the head). I did not check for suction, when I originally installed the MS, so have a feeling that vacuum from day one was the issue. I have checked for proper seating of the head, even with side cover off, and seems ok. The black tubes and connections are ok, but I still cant get a seal.

My question is, is there any adjustment either electronically or manually between the head and the cap.

been maintaining machine for a couple of years now, but this has stumped me

thank you for any help you can give me

heyskull

I would remove and refit as when I changed my last station some of the screws did not seat right.
It might be also a good idea to check the pump is working correctly and none of the pipes and connector from the cap to the pump lines have come adrift.
The connector is very small and reduces the bore quiet a lot and can block so clean thoroughly with cleaning solvent.

SC

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
I think, is there no way to set exactly the CAP, you must to set printhead to fit on CAP. My way is:
1, unlock printhead
2, use swap with black ink and paint around rubber CAP
3, lock printhead
4, unlock printhead and move it to left side, where you can handle with printhead
5, Take a mirror to see to downside of prinhead, you can see mark from rubber of CAP and you will to know set printhead to Left, Right, Front, Bottom to fix position.
Good luky.

Digiprint

coolio, to mark the underside of printhead, but your point 5, to set printhead, isn't it either snaps in place or it doesn't, there is no forward or back adjustment is there not?

henryp

There is no adjustment for the cap itself, it maybe the maintenance assembly that is not correctly positioned in this case.

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
coolio, to mark the underside of printhead, but your point 5, to set printhead, isn't it either snaps in place or it doesn't, there is no forward or back adjustment is there not?
For set printhead, you must to release those screws, that hold printhead to carriage, or you must to detach printhead out and set the metal plate. In my case, my metal plate have hole bigger that width of printhead cc 0,6 mm, and I had to set it with printhead was out of carriage.
For FRONT and BOTTOM is screw on carriage.