• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cap Top not draining

SameDay Signs

got a jv33 that prints daily havent used in about a week though cause its slow season plugges in all that good stuff but when i went to print yesterday i had noticed the captop when doing a cleaning wouldn't drain the fluid out of it....my concern is that the head is drying up if not already has....any ideas what could be the problem...i tried the cleans, ink fill ups and so on and the pump sounds like it is working just fine

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The line between the cap and the pumps is likely clogged up. First move the print head away from the capping station and power down. Remove the cap line at the pump end, attach a syringe and try to pull cleaning fluid through the line. There are 2 lines, so do each one individually. If you cannot pull , then remove the cap and lines. Remove the lines from the cap and use a soda can as a roller and squeegee any dried or sludge ink out of the lines. Flush the lines with acetone until clear, reinstall and you should be good to go...

• Agree
Reactions: lvy

APCInk

Merchant Member
Most likely the waste tubes coming from the Cap and going to the Pump are clogged. In particular the small "H" Connecter that attaches the hard tubing from the Cap to the Softer tubing on the Pump are where you'll find the clog.

You can disassemble and likely poke the clog out with a paper clip, but just be aware of two things:

1. Take care not to pull the tubing off the bottom of the Cap (unless you're good with removing the Cap and putting the tubes back on)
2. The harder tubing material attached to the Cap develops a memory and if you simply just plug them back onto the "H" afterwards, they'll probably slip right off again. Cut a 1/16 or 1/8 off the ends of the tube so you get a fresh, tight fit again.

If you need assistance, call our office. Our service techs are traveling and performing repairs.

Thanks,

- Dave M

SameDay Signs

Most likely the waste tubes coming from the Cap and going to the Pump are clogged. In particular the small "H" Connecter that attaches the hard tubing from the Cap to the Softer tubing on the Pump are where you'll find the clog.

You can disassemble and likely poke the clog out with a paper clip, but just be aware of two things:

1. Take care not to pull the tubing off the bottom of the Cap (unless you're good with removing the Cap and putting the tubes back on)
2. The harder tubing material attached to the Cap develops a memory and if you simply just plug them back onto the "H" afterwards, they'll probably slip right off again. Cut a 1/16 or 1/8 off the ends of the tube so you get a fresh, tight fit again.

If you need assistance, call our office. Our service techs are traveling and performing repairs.

Thanks,

- Dave M
What is cost to come out to our location (Tiffin Ohio and spend an hour quickly to see where we are at with all this) you guys have been here before.....please contact me via email at: sales@samedaysigns.co Please note there is no m on the end it is just .co