• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Capping/maintenance station new problem!

heyskull

Well I finally replaced the Capping/maintenance station.
It was a little fiddly but I have got it all back together.
The only problem was the pump at the back which pulls the ink through from the Capping/maintenance station. All the pipes are blocked solid with dry ink.
Can I take it out and clean it or do I have to replace as a complete assemby?
The waste ink bottle is empty or has very little in the bottom and has been for months!

Thanks
SC

Vinylman

Pump replace?

If you have been able to successfully replace the capping station taking apart the pump should be easily accomplished.

Try removing the pump and its associated ink lines so you can properly flush the dried ink from the lines. It is a messy and dirty job, but with patience, you should be able to do this.

If you are using solvent or eco solvent INKS, I would recommend getting a quart of M.E.K. at a local paint store and use it to flush your pump and lines {OFF THE PRINTER}.
Once lines and pump are clean, reinstall, and run a clean cycle with your pump connected as per factory specs.
Might save you the cost of a new pump!

heyskull

I have never heard of M.E.K.
I was thinking of removing it and cleaning it with head cleaning fluid!!

SC

andy

If it's just the ink pipes blocked it might be easier to get buy a roll of new hose; pneumatic airline in flexi or nylon should be fine.

This hose is cheap as chips and easy to get hold of.... a 20m roll costs about 20 quid. Work out the external diameter and the internal bore and you can simply cut an attach new hose as and when.

Bradster941

Or simply go to your local lawn mower repair place and buy a foot or two of gas line for a weed wacker.

I did this 6 months ago and it is holding fine.

heyskull

When I put the capping/maintenance station in all I did was run a carridge maintenance and whilst the head was way over on the left I pulled the station of as it had no electrical connections and I left the machine on.
This time when I remove the pump there is an electrical connection.
Should once I move the head to the left knock the power of at the mains?
I know this sounds strange but I am a bit wary knocking the machine on when the head isn't in the starting position.

SC

promgr

If you cannot get the heads to come back and your ink lines are not dry the best thing to do is to send them to printheadcleaners.com they really know how to cleanheads I sent them three heads that I could not get clean and they sent them back clean and ready to use. They stand behind their work and do a great job on all the heads I have sent them. Plus it is a lot cheaper then buying new heads. Look them up and give them a call you won’t be disappointed. You may have cloged heads if the capping station has been blocked for some time that is why I mentioned this.

randya

Unplug the machine BEFORE disconnecting or connecting anything electrical internally.

There is no problem disconnecting power with the carriage off of the capping station.

But you can just manually release the head, power or not.

heyskull

How do you manually release the head?

After soaking the capping station I have got 1 side of the pump working.
I'm hoping after further soaks and getting some cleaning fluid through the pipes both sides will be clear.
It will probably use more ink now!!! As the cleaning function is once again working properly.

Thanks
SC

randya

The spring loaded head release.
On the 1204s and 1304s this is located on the front left side of the carriage.
On 16xxs there is a spring loaded wedge looking device on the back left size of the MS.