• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Capping station just replaced and pads already swolen again

signsbykacie

I just replaced my capping station 3 days ago because the pads were all swollen, and it was printing terribly... After I replaced it and got everything cleaned it printed great for about 3 days now the colors are mixing together and the pads are already swollen.... Any ideas what it could be that is making the capping staion go bad so fast? I had just replaced it a couple months ago and it only took it about a month to start swelling up, now only 3 days?

psbc2009

Same problem here with oem inks. Mutoh requested that I ship my "problem ink" to them so they can evaluate.

ProWraps

i litteraly just bought my fifth mutoh printer in two years today.

i have not seen the problem that you have. i would almost think that there is something unique to your printer.

we sent one of ours back on a warranty for a banding issue that COULD NOT be fixed. the tech was out here like 6 times and replaced EVERYTHING!

nothing fixed it. sometimes, there are lemons.

and i will tell you this. mutoh stepped up to the plate, and sent me a brand new head unit. lucky for me, i had another one in service that kept me going (we run with a minimum of two at all times). we would have been screwed if we had down time over two months trying to figure out what was wrong which they never did, BUT they did send me a new one that works great. so kudos to them.

signsbykacie

I am using OEM inks... I read about people having problems with their capping stations, and about the new ink formula... Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I buy different ink? So it isn't another problem on my printer making my capping station do this?

tomence

Switch to Roland thats what we should do, thats what i would do next. I have a Roland and a Mutoh. Working on the Roland is piece of cake, but working on the Mutoh is a pain in the a$$. They couldn't make this crap of a printer more complicated.

signsbykacie

could it possibly be the capping station that I bought... I purchased it from cmyk, are they really mutoh parts or aftermarket?

CheapVehicleWrap

could it possibly be the capping station that I bought... I purchased it from cmyk, are they really mutoh parts or aftermarket?

A merchant member told me today that Mutoh doesn't actually make the cap top, a 3rd party does. I'll be testing 1 soon.

Although I wouldn't mind sticking with OEM inks I can't afford to be their guinea pig. I don't see the supply of "defective ink" leaving the channel anytime soon, even if/when they correct it. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for the ink I've mentioned several times.

Robert M

Caps Falcon outdoor

There are two kinds of those caps, aqueous and solvent. I sell the solvent one for the Falcon at 130.00, 79.95 for the JR
www.solventinkjet.com
Switching to roland inks won't help, Epson or an Epson supplier makes all those inks

tomence

There are two kinds of those caps, aqueous and solvent. I sell the solvent one for the Falcon at 130.00, 79.95 for the JR
www.solventinkjet.com
Switching to roland inks won't help, Epson or an Epson supplier makes all those inks

How much for shipping if order one capp station for the JR
Also is your capping station same as the one signwarehouse sells it.
Thanks
Tommy