• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Capping Station left with the heads?? Cleaning Issue????

decalit

I am very new to printing and I bought a JV3-SP2 a few months ago. I have been cleaning weekly as the guy I bought it from showed me. I have just been doing different test prints to keep everything flowing. Last night I went to do a cleaning and noticed that the capping station was off of the lift mechanism so I snapped it back in place and finished my cleaning. Afterwards I did a large hi-res print which came out perfect. Then I went to do a crosscut and the heads took all the rubber boots and filters with the heads, ofcourse spilling ink all over the print. I'm thinking its a issue of everything not being clean and being to sticky.... any thoughts.

genericname

With the older model capping station, the screens would constantly get stuck to the heads. In the last couple of years, they've revised the design so that the screens are clamped in place by small plastic teeth. I've never heard of the entire cap going with the heads though. That's definitely cause to replace the entire capping station.

Be sure to check the heads for physical damage too. Before the design revision, screens lifting from the capping station cost us at least half a dozen head replacements. Big bucks for such a stupid little problem.

AnimalG82

Yea, replace the capping station, that will fix the problem. Its pretty easy to do as well, takes about 10 minutes. It would take a lot less if you didn't have to mess with the ink tubes running to the pumps.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try out Solventinkjet.com. We have the parts for that machine in stock in the US and you can always call us with any questions. 303-733-6671