• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

capping station question?

gabagoo

I was doing a routine cleaning tonight andafter wiping the capping station rubber doeys with a foam tip I drop in 5 drops of cleaning fluid in each cap. The cyan and yellow just held the solution and it did not drain. I then let the head go backand then reopened and the liquid had been sucked down. Thats the first timeI have seen that before. Do I have a problem brewing here or is this just a small glitch? OH its a jv130spII

cdiesel

That's normal. Sometimes the pumps are in the closed (or partially closed) position and will not let the fluid drain quickly. As soon as they turn again it's pumped away.

ColesCreations

If you unplug (from the wall) the printer, just when the pumping starts, you are simulating the pumps to not leak out the fluid...

When the pumps are turning "forward", they are sealed. when pumping is done, the pumps turn "backwards" for a bit, which releases the squeeze on the silicone hose inside the pump; and the pump is open, which is why the cleaning fluid will just drain down if pump is not active.

If pump is in "pumping mode" and does not hold fluid, it is probably bad. You can take the cover off behind the pumps and see for yourself how it is done. You can turn them by hand- forward to pump, backwards to open.