• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

capping station sponge

66duane

i have a mutoh outdoor jr,,,,,,, 4 in,, the capping station for the black is smaller than the rear one for the 3 other inks,, anyway the sponge is shot, the capping station is okay but the sponge is another story,, ive hunted and cant find one to buy,,, i can find bigger ones for $30 for a little peice of sponge,, am i getting fleeced, a pennys worth of sponge for $30 or more,,,,, someone help please,,,,,ive had enough of sending my checks to china, lol,,,,,,thanks duane

Robert M

those sponges

If you do find the sponge, make sure you get the metal screen that fits on top. If not the sponge will swell up and cause your inks to siphon off.

RG

I've been looking around for years and have NEVER seen anybody selling the sponges only. You will probably have to buy a new capping station. That will cost you a lot less than a new maintenance station.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Here is a link to the spittoon sponge to the left of the capping station: Spittoon Sponge
Here is a link to the capping station for that machine: Capping Station

The capping station sponge is not sold anywhere and only comes with the station. The capping station is a lot cheaper than the whole maintenance station.