• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

capping station

timandmikki

I have a converted FJ-50. I am not getting ink flow through one of the capping stations. I just replaced the head because the old one dried up. Whenever I try to pull ink through the capping station head, I hear air sucking around the print head. Is the capping station head bad? If so where is the best place to get a replacement, and will have have to replace the entire capping station? I know the capping station head is not clogged because I can get air to travel within the lines, and the capping station head.

quintana711

you can change the captops, I think that will do it you can also change the lines that go from the pump to your capping station and from pump to drain bottle . I had something similar happen and it was the line that goes from the pump to the captops. Squeae the line and see if they are hard, if they are then they are clogged just change them. where ever you buy your supplys they should have captops and ask foe extra tubing so you can change all you lines.

GTSTech_1

Try loosening the screws that secure the plate that hold the capping station, let the print carriage/heads seat the capping station. The air you hear when pulling ink is from not capping station not in it's correct position.

My .02

Align the heads to the cap top... they must be centered to work properly, if they are on the edge they will suck air. Then try your syringe...should work.

timandmikki

Thats who I got the printer from.... They are always willing to help, just wondered if I am missing something. I just replaced the head and now I am getting the "sucking air".

sfr table hockey

Thats who I got the printer from.... They are always willing to help, just wondered if I am missing something. I just replaced the head and now I am getting the "sucking air".

Make sure you have the head set in place propper. These Epson 3000 print heads are a pain to get set into place. If you eye ball it and see if there is any height difference in the two heads you have not quite got it set right. Next is to set the capping station seating by using the service menu and setting it so the head touches the cap edge like it says in the service manual. (get one if you don't have) Most times you should not need to re adjust the capping station when changing heads. **make sure you change the head rank in the printer to match the new head rank number on the side of the print head**.

Last to check is the little black rectange box that seats up against a flat piece when the capping station moves over to seat under the print heads. I had this flat piece fall off and would not seal the box that moves over (the box has 2 clear tubes going to it from the underside of the capping station) and thus no seal when sucking with a syringe and the pump won't draw right. The box also has two nibs on the right side that butt up against the flat piece that if not clean won't seal.

veloxgraphics

Also make sure you have all the springs back in under the cap top. I had a roland tech come install new heads and caps for me... one head was horrible within a day... i took the cap top off and one of the springs was missing, so the "back" of the cap wasnt sealing against the head

:banghead: