• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Capping stations suxs

SlightlyChilled

Ok so Like 3 weeks ago I replaced my capping station do to the fact the I cant just buy the white parts. BUT it dose say that I can in the manual.. OK sorry now for the real problem the one pad is already puffy...... What the hell is this crap no like I print the world aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. This blows

randya

There has been a documented change in the cartidges (everyone is trying to contain costs) and apparently there have been some issues that have been resolved.
There have been no announcements about a change in ink.

If there are issues with the OEM cap and you are not getting satisfaction through your dealer please email support@mutoh.com
Please explain what you are seeing, a bit of history, send some photos along with your printer serial # and contact information and they will work to try and resolve this for you.

SlightlyChilled

I will have to see if I can get the pads back in. I had to remove them so I could print. This is not a dig or a flame just a question "If my new cap station was drop shipped from Mutoh what would my dealer have to do with it there just are a middle man. Now if it came from there warehouse then maybe I could see calling them. A lass I will drop them a line.....

randya

NP,

The dealer is always the first line of contact.

Mutoh works with the dealers, dealers work with their customers.

Kind of like when you buy parts for your car, you dont go back to the car manufacturer, you go to the dealer where you purchased the parts.

CheapVehicleWrap

There has been a documented change in the cartidges (everyone is trying to contain costs) and apparently there have been some issues that have been resolved.
There have been no announcements about a change in ink.

If there are issues with the OEM cap and you are not getting satisfaction through your dealer please email support@mutoh.com
Please explain what you are seeing, a bit of history, send some photos along with your printer serial # and contact information and they will work to try and resolve this for you.

As if they're not making a killing already? And they put peoples businesses on the line like this? Now I'm afraid to order new cartridges, and I need some. I think I'll be trying that non-oem ink I mentioned a while back that nobody has tried yet before risking the new oem blend.

randya

The only thing constant is change....

and change happens every day, most changes go off without a hitch, but no one is perfect.

I am sorry, that you are having issues.

Last edited:

bmatlock5

i am still finding it hard to believe there is not been a change in ink, but i did see something that has really peaked my interest. today i was at my local supplier picking up vinyl and they keep it in a room with their ink. while we were chatting, i was looking at the ink for an outdoor and for a valuejet. i have always been told that it is the same ink, just a different label or card applied, but their ink for the outdoor was the new cartidge with the bladder looking pouch on the inside and a manufacturers date of april-2010 on the label, while the valuejet ink was the old cartidge with the foil pouch. i then figured it was older stock, but i picked up a cartridge and it had a manufacture date of april-2010. my question is why would you have the old cartridge for the valuejet still if you are controlling costs and it is more expensive? they were obviously manufactured at the same time so why the difference? i mean, how much can you save by changing the case, if that is all that changed? lets say it saved you $2 per cartridge, i may be alone on this, but i would pay an extra $2 not to have to fool with the problems that has arisen since the change. since the ink has changed, i put in a capping station in april and one last week. coincidence, maybe, but i don't seem to be the only one having these coincindences. i do notice that no valuejet owners have complained about these issues, and when i saw what i did with the inks at my supplier today, i think i understand a little better why it is limited to falcons, the valuejets are still on old ink. but i may be totally off base with my thoughts:banghead:

Bannerday

I did think it odd that only the Rockhopper/Falcon people were the only ones having problems.

You may be on to something.

Just need them to get this worked out, it's really hurting.

SE SignSupply

Can someone post a picture of the cartridges in question?

If you have a Falcon outdoor your can use the VJ cartridge, remove the chip, and put your foil sticker on...

Robert M

Those pads

Back in the stone age when we were first converting aqueous printers to hard solvent we had that same issue. We found some thin solvent resistant plastic and had a guy with a laser make us some inserts with a lot of little holes cut in them. Those pads are there to prevent ink from splashing back up on the heads when the pump runs. If there is a change in the inks the newer printers would not be affected as their caps are a dirrerent design

Newbie_on

I think a new generation of Inks it is around the corner.

And Mutoh is using our printers as their "guinea pigs"

:ROFLMAO:

I remember when they came out with their " Conversion Kit" from Plus to Ultra inks.

utjason

I'm now on my 3rd capping station in 3 months and I'm having similar problems with the pads swelling. Mutoh needs to get this problem fixed! Does anyone know of any 3rd party inks that work good in the falcon outdoor?