Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capping Units not draining.

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by jc1cell, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jc1cell

jc1cell Active Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey guys. Working with a JV3-130 that is not allowing Three of the four capping units to drain immediately. We are under the impression that the drain hoses may be clogged somewhere after the capping units.

We have disassembled the capping station and have the each individual unit free and available to remove the hose, in order to try and run some wire to unclog it. However, we can't seem to be able to release the hose from the capping unit. Each one is on there so tight we are afraid it may rip it and damage the hose.

So I would like to know if you have any suggestions on how to remove the hose from the capping without damage. Or a different plan of action to get the drain running freely again.

Thanks in advance.

jc

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    not sure on this printer, but on mine I can go into the service menu and turn on the capping pumps - I fill the caps with cleaning solution and turn on the pumps - this usually dislodges any buildups in there (all with the head off the station of course)

3. jc1cell

jc1cell Active Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Yeah..that's when we notice the fact that it doesn't drain. While we're doing a cleaning it doesn't drain any of the solvent or the ink. We keep getting pretty bad nozzle test prints. And, therefore, bad prints.

Thanks for the reply Jhill

jc

4. jhanson

jhanson Member

Oct 13, 2011
    You'll need to replace the cap tops. Any (good) dealer who sells Mimaki spare parts should be able to point you toward directions...

5. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Cap top

If the tube is clogged you can feel the dried ink in the line when you press it between your fingers
    Might be best to replace the capping assy.

I have them at www.solventinkjet.com