• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

captop issues

zbullet2185

hello,

i recently changed all the captop on my roland sc540 because i was constantly getting drop outs on my magenta and yellow after changing them the test pattern were perfect. however i also changed all the colors and black started to deflect heavily. called a tech over and they tell me that the black printhead needs replacement..... now the magenta is dropping out and deflecting as well. when cleaning the printheads i noticed that the captops left an imprint on the printheads which appear not be aligned properly which in result i believe doesnt seal and provide good suction between the printheads and captops.below i drew an illustration of the imprint that the captop left.

issueillustration.jpg

also when attempting to siphon black i would have to 3 to 4 times before i get any ink or resistance as well as cyan. when siphoning magenta i hear air and after many attempts it started to pull ink but with bubbles.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark in tx

Looks like the capping station is out of alignment.
From your diagram, that would explain needing to siphon inks.

Ask the tech how many shots the black printhead has, if more than 6 billion, then yes, probably need a new one.

Robert M

Adjustment

There is an adjustment for the capping station, shoot me an email and I will forward you the tech manual

zbullet2185

hey ok so i have the tech manual do i perform a limit adjustment by loosening the two screws that hold the switch behind the carriage and slightly unscrewing the white knob for better control? or the captop height or neither? ill post another illustration to better describe what i am talking about..... View attachment adjustmentillustration.pdf

Attachments

• adjustmentillustration.jpg
    adjustmentillustration.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Capping stations are a serviceable part and will need replacing once or twice a year depending on your work flow in the shop. The next piece is the damper they will need replacing every year, They can develop a pin hole and allow air to pass. The last item is ink tube Orings from the cartridge to the damper. These failed on me after 4 years. follow the bubbles in the line