• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Damage

Keith Rae

Don't know if anyone has shared this yet? Brings a tear to a grown man eyes!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=kingsfp&target=ALBUM&id=5430180210956788881&authkey=Gv1sRgCNGlh-XG2vSxrQE&feat=email

Subject:
FW: Russo-Steel Car Auction (STORM DAMAGE) in Arizona
Here are some amazing photos sent to me from a fellow carnut….not a good weekend for car guys…..

Attached herewith are 250 plus photos of the damage and what happened in Scottsdale this past Thursday evening during the horrific storm that hit around 6:15 pm at the Russo /Steel Car Auction which was hit the hardest in North Scottsdale as both tents where the sold and unsold cars were parked experienced 65 MPH +- winds, ( not km/hr ) winds

which got under these two football field size tents and lifted them hurtling them onto the adjacent 101 east bound adjacent freeway closing the road for hours and shutting down the Auction immediately.

The Barrett Jackson Auction took pre-cautionary action several hours earlier that day at their close by location that afternoon because the local weather stations were predicting 2-3 days in advance of this looming storm and they subsequently parked 18 wheelers all around the perimeter of the open tents attempting to close in the ends and sides of their outside tents where the cars were stored blocking the impact of some of the predicted wind damage.

Legal representation extending from Haggerty Insurance , Russo Steel and private insurance companies for car sellers and car buyers will have a hay day with these damaged car claims as the Attorneys will allege that Russo /Steel may have been negligent in that they should have taken the same pre-cautionary measures as did Barrett/Jackson because Russo /Steel like everyone else who had access to a television weather report knew of the coming storm days in advance and yet did nothing extra to secure the tents similar to what Barrett Jackson did to avoid possible damage from the coming storm.

Legal issues may also arise as to who is responsible for the damage because of when the title to these vehicles actually changes hand as the title to these cars has to be given to the Auction Company at the time the sellers bring in the car to sell and the title is signed off at that time in blank by the seller while eventually waiting for the Auction Company to then sign over the car to the new buyer after the car is sold as the Auction Company does not take the title in their name however they hold an owner/seller title signed transfer in blank for the new buyer.

Everyone was evacuated from the Russo Steel Auction when the storm hit fending for themselves and the Auction was closed until today Sunday Jan 24 attempting to sell damaged and undamaged cars probably subject to fixing the cars , however the law suits are probably being stacked up right now and the ambulance chasing Attorneys are switching to representing car buyers and car sellers at these Auctions who suffered car damage.

Enjoy the photos and as reports emerge, so to speak, on the legal issues I will forward this info to you for the Membership to enjoy.( hoping that none of our Members have suffered this type of damage ).

russosteel auction 1-10

Jan 9, 2010
by fred

Ken Boswell, Member , Scottsdale, Az.

My Sis sent the link to me.:omg2:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
That is pretty awful.
I know they are only "things" and not people that got hurt.
But oh man there are some nice cars in there that got smacked.
I'd hate to be one of guys who just outbid everyone else for the car
of his dreams the night before.

wayne k
guam usa

trik

Wow, very sad!! Lotta love went into those cars!! I need to make room in the garage for my '70 Chevelle, would hate for anything like that to happen to her!!

OldPaint

hada guy here........had this pristine but needed work 1966-67 FORD FAIRLANE 390.....CONVERTIBLE. IVAN CAME A LONG..................a tree limb, hit the front windshield frame..........and made it level with the dash!!!!!!
and he had NO INSURANCE!!!!