• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Illustration

Joe Diaz

This is part of a layout I'm working on. Just the Roush for now. All done in Corel Draw.

roush_stang_800wide.jpg

signwizz

looks awsome can u give us a basic training on how u do it.......ie tablet draw and scan really inrterested in the steps involved
thanx shane

Joe Diaz

Joe did you work on top of a photo?

Yeah, I'm no Chip Foose. :Big Laugh I need something to work off of. Although I do stray away from the photo time to time and exaggerate things, especially colors. Another example is the light highlight or the reflection of the skyline, normally has a silhouette of trees and building and things like that, which I may sometimes chose to illustrate, but in this case I went with just a straight line. It makes the car look a bit more illustrated and less lifelike.

To answer the tablet question... I haven't quite gotten the hang of tablets for this type of stuff. Grandpa Dan Sawatzky tells me I need to have someone here hide my mouse from me and never give it back if I ever want to get used to it. Someday when I can scrap together some extra money, I want to get a Wacom Cintiq. Something about seeing what I am drawing under my pen tip appeals to me. It would probably feel a little more natural than what I'm doing now.