• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Wash Design

Pinfinity

Would like to receive professional opinions on a preliminary concept for another car wash I am currently working on.

The client prefers the Castrol brand coloring...hence the colors shown here.

Appreciate

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 112

SlightlyChilled

Big D from the thumb nail it's hard to read the green it is to dark and when enlarged looks dark as well my friend.

I hope all is well up there we need to meet up half way and have lunch some Friday

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I think the "look" of the sign is going to work...

"CLASSIC" and "AUTO SPA" do not go with the rest of the logo...

I count 4 typefaces

if this is being made into a sign, "FINISH" and "LUBE CENTER" is not legible... it will be worse when driving by the sign at speed.

Pinfinity

Chilly, great to hear from you. Thanks on the green..the actual file dosen't look like the attached here.. I'll adjust the colors for better viewing.

Hey, love the lunch thing..I'll take you up on that!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Classic font style is definitely out.

Contrast can be your friend. Turn it into a full grey scale rendering and see how much you like it.

ucmj22

I count 4 typefaces

I was thinking the same thing. This will work for a carwash, but the look needs more cohesion. lose the classic font, much too hard to read. Also the darkness of the green in the middle of the finish gradient makes it hard to read with the black stroke

J

john1

Looks good, I love the gloss effect for FINISH. It matches my style of things :)

Maybe you could put a small white outline to separate the black and green in finish, Should make it pop some more.

Jillbeans

Try using American Sans for all the copy except for finish, and lose the gloss effect, it makes it really hard to read.
I'd also lose the slant. It throws the balance out of whack.
I would not use black lettering on the orangey red shield.
Love....Jill

HulkSmash

is the orange and green a must? How about like a pool blue with the orange, i think that'll help with contrast, and make it feel more like a car wash. Also eliminate 2-3 of the fonts.. way too much going on. Good start so far.

Mosh

++more contrast, it is hard to read. Always look at your design from across the room to see what it will look like at distance.

visual800

layout looks great on screen but not going to work up in air. font is too tight and too green. nice layout though